Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program aims to give students the skills and knowledge to prevent hearing, tinnitus and balance disorders, and to assess and treat people with hearing, tinnitus and balance disorders. It combines pre-clinical and clinical study, integrating theory and practice.
The program offers a combination of lectures, workshops, problem-based learning, online activities and external clinical placements.
- Clinical audiology
Standard entry requirements
- The minimum entry requirement is successful completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or its equivalent)
- Successful applicants are required to have a 75% Weighted Average Mark (WAM) in a previous qualification, in a related field of study, in fields such as social, physical or biological sciences, health or education
- Prior learning developed through relevant work experience or professional accreditation, where it is deemed to be at least equivalent to that obtained through a Bachelor degree, may be considered
- In making an offer to an applicant, the University will give consideration to a range of factors to determine whether an applicant has demonstrated the capacity to work at a Masters level, including academic record, English proficiency, and/or employment experience
- NB: Meeting minimum prerequisites does not guarantee an offer of a place. Entry into all La Trobe courses is based on competitive selection and there may be limited places available.
The Master of Clinical Audiology is accredited by Audiology Australia. Graduates of the Master of Clinical Audiology may apply for membership with Audiology Australia. Membership may be subject to additional or ongoing requirements beyond completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant professional body for details.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne||International: $63,600||No||No information available|
Students will complete 250 hours of clinical placement, and may need to obtain a Working with Children Check and Police Check beforehand.