Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
There's never been a better time to build new skills and follow your passion. Apply now to secure your place at La Trobe. With La Trobe's Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics (Honours) you can become a qualified health professional with expertise in treating people's physical and functional limitations. From first year, you'll undertake clinical placements and experiences both on campus in La Trobe's prosthetic and orthotic facilities and at external sites. You'll study anatomy, physiology, biomechanics and prosthetic and orthotic prescription, design and fabrication. Honours is offered in two streams: industry and research. You'll complete either a major industry-relevant honours project or a research honours project in the final years of the course.
To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics (Honours), students must complete a total of 480 credit points across 4 years.
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Clinical Biomechanics of Movement
- Clinical Orthotics 1
- Foundations of Professional Communication
- Human Biosciences A
- Human Biosciences B
- Prosthetics and Orthotics Clinical Tools and Manufacturing Technologies
- Research and Evidence in Practice
- Understanding Health and Wellbeing
- Wominjeka La Trobe: Indigenous Cultural Literacy for Higher Education
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education (within the last two years)
- VCE: Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL. Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in two of Biology, Chemistry, any Mathematics, Physical Education or Physics.
The Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics (Honours) is accredited by the Australian Orthotic Prosthetic Association (AOPA). Professional membership may require an application to the professional body and may have additional or ongoing requirements beyond the completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant professional body for details.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne (Bundoora)||International: $148,000||No|
Campuses: Melbourne (Bundoora).
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Tuesday, Feb 28 2023