Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Help optimise businesses for the future. Industrial engineers are essential to a wide range of industries. They determine how an organisation's workforce, equipment and resources can be used efficiently and safely. As technology continues to evolve, businesses increasingly need industrial engineers to help them stay ahead of the pack. La Trobe's Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Industrial) gives you a comprehensive engineering and business skillset, while building your ability to think critically and creatively. You'll discover how to respond to the evolving needs of employers and help them adapt to future challenges. Begin by learning the fundamentals of industrial engineering, from math, and physics to design and problem solving. You'll then gain sought-after skills in fields that are presently transforming the business landscape, including automation and robotics, advanced material, simulation and modelling of manufacturing processes.
To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Industrial), students must complete 480 credit points consisting of: 405 core credit-points 75 core-choice credit points
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Computer Aided Design
- Engineering Design and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanics of Solids
- Modelling Change in Science, Society and Engineering
- Principles of Physics A
- Programming for Engineers and Scientists
- Tools for Modelling the World
- Wominjeka La Trobe: Indigenous Cultural Literacy for Higher Education
Standard entry requirements
- VCE Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL
- And a study score of at least 20 in one of Maths: Mathematical Methods (any) or Maths: Specialist Mathematics. NB: Meeting minimum prerequisites does not guarantee an offer of a place. Entry into all La Trobe courses is based on competitive selection and there may be limited places available.
The Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Industrial) is accredited on the Bundoora campus, and has provisional accreditation on the Bendigo campus by Engineers Australia (EA). Professional membership may require an application to the professional body and may have additional or ongoing requirements beyond the completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant professional body for details.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne (Bundoora)||International: $145,600||No|
Campuses: Bendigo, Melbourne (Bundoora).
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Friday, Nov 11 2022
Course may require attendance outside university semesters.