Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Launch your career in dentistry with this five-year industry Honours course. While undertaking La Trobe's Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours) you'll learn about oral health in rural and ageing populations and develop hands-on skills in clinical placements across regional Victoria. You'll treat patients under the supervision of experienced clinicians and participate in community-based oral health promotion programs. You can also complete a community-based project or research project, which can lead to PhD entry. You'll learn: Preclinical oral health Develop knowledge in restorative, preventive and periodontal procedures. On completion, you'll be competent in preclinical skills including dental materials, infection control, OH&S, instrumentation and dental procedures. Medicine for dentistry Learn to take a comprehensive medical history and understand its role in safe dental health care.
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 English prerequisite (25) - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL.
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 subject prerequisite - Other - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in Biology.
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 subject prerequisite - Other - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in Chemistry.
- International: IELTS - 7.0 < 7.0 - 7.0 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 7.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
The Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours) is accredited by the Australian Dental Council (ADC). Professional registration may be subject to additional or ongoing requirements beyond the completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant professional b
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Wednesday, Apr 27 2022