Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Get the skills for tomorrow's careers. As the technological revolution continues at breakneck speed, business and STEM skills are in high demand. With STEM jobs growing at almost twice the rate as other occupations, there's high demand for experienced professionals who understand global markets, are ready to push the boundaries and are prepared for the jobs of the future. Keen to explore the fascinating worlds of science and business? You'll open your eyes and broaden your mind with La Trobe's Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science. Tailor your degree with a diverse mix of majors and minors, and gain the freedom to delve into your passions. Whether it's finding new treatments for diseases, developing sustainable ways to grow food, pioneering research in artificial intelligence or building the business structures that power scientific innovations, you'll be prepared to pursue your dream career with this flexible double degree.
To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science, students must complete 480 credit points consisting of: 240 credit points of Commerce subjects, of which: 105 core credit points 15 core-choice credit points 120 major credit points 240 credit points of Science subjects, of which: 60 core credit points 120 major credit points 60 elective credit points
- Majors Include: Accounting
- Applied Cybersecurity
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Analytics
- Crop Science
- Data Science
- Human Physiological Sciences
- Psychological Science
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 English prerequisite (20) - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 subject prerequisite - Other - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any Mathematics.
- Non Year 12 - Vocational Education & Training: VET prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- Non Year 12 - Higher Education study: HE prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- International: IELTS - 6.5 < 6.0 (PG minimum) - 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
The Accounting major in the Bachelor of Commerce is accredited by CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. Graduates of the Bachelor of Commerce with an Accounting major are eligible to apply for membership with the CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). The Marketing major in the Bachelor of Commerce is accredited by the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI). Graduates of the Bachelor of Commerce with a Marketing major may be eligible to apply for membership with the Australian Marketing Institute. Professional membership may require an application to the professional body and may have additional or ongoing requirements beyond the completion of the degree. Contact the relevant professional body for details.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne (Bundoora)||International: $156,000||Yes|
Campuses: Melbourne (Bundoora).
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Friday, Nov 11 2022