Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Analytics is the future of business. Join the revolution. Technology is evolving at breakneck speed. With so many opportunities to innovate, organisations need business leaders who can harness the immense power of data analytics - and turn their insights into meaningful business solutions that keep them ahead of the competition. Build a career at the forefront of the digital revolution with La Trobe's Bachelor of Business Analytics. In this forward-thinking degree, you'll learn how to solve today's most pressing business challenges and take advantage of cutting-edge data analytics tools, techniques and software. Designed in partnership with industry leaders, this practical course gives you solid foundations in business fundamentals, with the opportunity to specialise in your business discipline of choice.
- To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Business Analytics, students must complete 360 credit points consisting of: 225 core credit-points 15 core choice credit-points 120 credit points selected from
- 120 credit point major to be selected from business majors listed or
- Majors Include: Economics
- Event Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Sport Management
- Tourism and Hospitality
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 English prerequisite (20) - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- Non Year 12 - Vocational Education & Training: VET prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- Non Year 12 - Higher Education study: HE prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- International: IELTS - (6.0 < 6.0) (UG standard/minimum) - 6.0 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Wednesday, Apr 27 2022
Rapid growth in business analytics has created a demand for graduates who can work at the intersection of business and IT to manage, construct and use data and IT systems to support business decision making. Digital business analysts are in short supply and high demand across a wide variety of industries including non-profit, health, finance, mining, energy and entertainment. The La Trobe Business School has positioned this degree in business analytics as being more technical than our degree in digital business with the intention of producing graduates with the potential to work in more technical careers such as quantitative analyst, data scientist or business analyst.