Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
There's never been a better time to build new skills and follow your passion. Apply now to secure your place at La Trobe. Start in 2023 and you could get a STEM industry placement bursary of $2,500 when you complete a Work-Based Learning subject as part of your studies at La Trobe. Fascinated by human biology and medicine? Biomedical science could be the field for you. La Trobe's Bachelor of Biomedical Science is ideal for students interested in human biology and allows you to tailor the degree toward your career interests. Combining the fields of biology and medical science, you'll open doors to careers across high-demand sectors including education, healthcare, media and research.
A total of 360 credit points
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Chemistry 1a
- Chemistry 1b
- Foundations of Biomedical Science
- Human Biosciences A
- Human Biosciences B
- Introduction to Behavioural Neuroscience 1b
- Making Sense of Data
- Molecules, Genes and Cells
- Wominjeka La Trobe: Indigenous Cultural Literacy for Higher Education
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education (within the last two years)
- VCE: Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL. HSC: One of English Standard, English Advanced (Band 2), English as an Additional Language or Dialect (Band 3).
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo.
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Tuesday, Feb 28 2023
As part of the La Trobe Regional Reward program, students will be eligible for a work placement in their final year (WIL).