Why choose Federation?
- #1 in Australia for Teaching Quality*
- #1 in Victoria for Full-Time Graduate Employment, Graduate Starting Salary and Student Support*
- Top 2% of universities worldwide for education^
- Top 3% of universities worldwide for clinical health, social sciences and business and economics^
- High quality, personalised teaching and outstanding student support
- Great industry connections with industry placement and work experience opportunities
* The Good Universities Guide 2021
^ Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
Federation University has six campuses stretching across Victoria — from the regional areas of Ballarat and Gippsland, to our city campus in Berwick, Melbourne — and our Brisbane Campus in Queensland. Either onsite or close by, all our campuses have everything you need to get ahead in your studies.
From clinical nursing units and innovative science labs, to industry training spaces — we do everything we can to create the best possible learning experience for our students. A large part of this means providing purpose-built facilities:
- New $16.5 million sports science precinct including rehabilitation centre (Ballarat)
- $43 million engineering and science building (Ballarat)
- Impressive health science laboratories
- Immersive nursing facilities with hospital-standard equipment
- State-of-the-art IT facilities
- High quality teaching and research facilities
- Modern libraries, studios and lecture theatres
- Sporting and leisure facilities — indoor swimming pool/aquatic centre, gymnasium and tennis courts
Partnerships with industry experts
Our Technology Park, based at the Mt Helen and SMB campuses, is home to major organisations such as IBM®, a significant employer of graduates from IT. Our Hi-tech precinct located near the Gippsland Campus, as well our extensive network of partnerships across Brisbane, foster research partnerships and give our students access to internships, industry-based learning programs and graduate employment opportunities.