Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course covers key areas of electrical circuits, signals and systems, energy conversion, power electronics, power systems, electrical power distribution and protection systems, control systems and renewable energy. Learn more about sensors, artificial perception, and the Internet of Things (IoT) in smart energy systems. In your final year, undertake yourown independent research project, relevant to your area of specialisation.
240 Credit points over 2 years.
- Power electronics, Power system analysis, Sensors and artificial perception, Engineering project management theory, Principles of renewable energy sources, Research and quantitative methods, IOT in smart energy systems, Advanced control systems engineering, Electrical power distribution engineering, Advanced engineering project, Micro-grid and energy storage systems, Power electronic application to renewable energy systems, Electrical demand forecast and management.
Standard entry requirements
- Successful completion of a recognised 3 or 4 year Engineering bachelor degree in the relevant specialisation (major field) with minimum of 60% credit average
- Awarded by an Australian university
- Or a recognised overseas equivalent. Academic IELTS with an Overall score of 6.0
- With no individual band score less than 6.0, or equivalent.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $59,200||Yes|