Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This is a professionally orientated program that provides students with the knowledge and skills that are necessary to obtain employment as a Professional Engineer and to be admitted as a Member of Engineers Australia. The program also serves as a preparation for further graduate studies in technology, business administration and other areas. Specifically the program provides students with advanced studies in Mechanical Engineering. As a Mechanical Engineer students will apply the principles of physics and mechanical science to the design and construction of all forms of mechanical systems. They will be involved in all aspects of design specification, development, research, evaluation, manufacture, installation, testing, operation, maintenance and management of machines and systems. This will include, but not be limited to, mechanical and mechatronic systems, automated systems and robotic devices, heat transfer processes, thermodynamic and combustion systems; and fluid and thermal energy systems. With a vast array of career opportunities a mechanical engineer will quickly find work anywhere in the world. Previous graduates have found employment with engineering companies large and small, both locally and all over Australia.
- 240 credit points
- 15 core units
- Machine System Design
- Manufacturing Technology
- Measurement & Computer Instrumentation
- Research Project 1 - Research Methodology
- Engineering Project Management and Sustainable Design
- Modelling and Simulation in Engineering
- Vibration and Machine Dynamics
- Modelling & Change (Advanced Level)
- Research Project II
- Design of Thermal Systems
- Research Project III
- Energy Conversion
- Industrial Techniques in Maintenance Management.
Standard entry requirements
- Successful completion of a recognised 3 or 4 year Engineering bachelor degree in the relevant specialisation (major field) with credit average, awarded by an Australian university, or a recognised overseas equivalent. Academic IELTS with an Overall score of 6.0
- With no individual band score less than 6.0, or equivalent.
This program is fully accredited by Engineers Australia.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $58,400||Yes||