Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
We'll help you become an engaging, motivating and innovative secondary school teacher.With smaller class sizes, our education lecturers get to know our students, providing one-on-one assistance with assignments and course work.Our Bachelor of Secondary Education will see you gain a deep knowledge of two specialist teaching areas combined with valuable classroom experience. You will graduate with the confidence to connect with young people and teach from year 7 through to VCE.We give you the option of two streams to complete your degree – you can choose a major and minor or a double major.
480 credit points over 4 years.
- Literacy and numeracy
- Learning and teaching
- Fundamentals of movement, skill acquisition and instruction, Swimming and water safety education, Professional experience: Learning and teaching
- Child and adolescent development and characteristics
- Health and lifestyle
- Perspectives on health, outdoor and physical education
- Transition to the profession
- HPE curriculum studies
- Anatomy & physiology for health professionals
- Diversity and inclusion: teaching strategies for diverse learners
- Relationships, sexuality & communication
- Biomechanics in physical education
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander: Learning and teaching
- Differentiating for learning and teaching
- Teacher as professional
- Population and global health perspectives.
Standard entry requirements
- Admissions Criteria for applicants with a higher education study•Satisfactory completion of at least one year of tertiary study in a relevant field
- And•Meets the VCE Maths and English requirement benchmarks.Literacy and numeracy test: If VCE Maths and/or English requirements or equivalent have not been met, a Literacy and/or Numeracy assessment is required to demonstrate the pre-requisite requirements. Applicants required to complete the assessment will be notified.•Casper TestAdmissions Criteria for applicants with a vocational education and training study•Successful completion of a TAFE qualification at Certificate III or IV in a cognate or appropriate area, such as Community Services, Education Support, Children's Services, or Nursing
- And•At least one year of experience in a relevant area of education or support service and
- •Meets the VCE Maths and English requirement benchmarks.OR•Successful completion of a recognised TAFE Diploma in a cognate or an appropriate area and
- •Meets the VCE Maths and English requirement benchmarks.•Casper TestLiteracy and numeracy testIf VCE Maths and/or English requirements or equivalent have not been met, a Literacy and/or Numeracy assessment is required to demonstrate the pre-requisite requirements. Applicants required to complete the assessment will be notified.Admissions Criteria for applicants with work and life experienceApplicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies will not be eligible for entry into this program. Applicants in this category should consider a pathway program such as Federation Access Studies (FAST).
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Gippsland (Churchill)||International: $105,000||No|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $105,000||No|