Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Specialise in health and PE education as well as another teaching method in English, history, maths, psychology, science or outdoor education. Areas of study include exercise physiology, biomechanics, motor development and learning, fundamentals and foundations of health and physical education, health and human development, nutrition, physical activity, creative movement, applied sports science, contemporary curriculum design, pedagogy and assessment for teaching and learning in health and physical education.
480 credit points over 4 years.
- Literacy and numeracy
- Learning and teaching
- Fundamentals of movement, skill acquisition and instruction, Swimming and water safety education, Professional experience: Learning and teaching
- Child and adolescent development and characteristics
- Health and lifestyle
- Perspectives on health, outdoor and physical education
- Transition to the profession
- HPE curriculum studies
- Anatomy & physiology for health professionals
- Diversity and inclusion: teaching strategies for diverse learners
- Relationships, sexuality & communication
- Biomechanics in physical education
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander: Learning and teaching
- Differentiating for learning and teaching
- Teacher as professional
- Population and global health perspectives.
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12: Units 1 and 2: satisfactory completion in two units (any study combination) of Maths: General Mathematics, Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematicsor Units 3 and 4: any Mathematics
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL. Non-Year 12:Higher Education, VET and/or Work/Life Experience. Academic IELTS with an Overall score of 7.0
- With 7.0/7.5 in listening and speaking and no less than 6.5 in reading and writing.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Gippsland (Churchill)||International: $100,000||No|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $100,000||No|