Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Our Arts Academy is renowned for its holistic and multi-disciplinary approach to training contemporary performers. We develop your practice through a comprehensive curriculum that includes classes in acting, singing, voice, movement, dance, creativity, theatre-making, aerobic fitness and mindfulness. You will be prepared for a range of career opportunities in television and theatre, music theatre, opera, film, cabaret, comedy and multi-media performance.
This program consists of 360 credit points.
- Collaborative workshop, Knowledge and creativity
- Foundation skills, Curation disruption and activation, Acting project, Dance studio, Critical studies in theatre, Voice studio, Screen and small ensemble projects, Production and showcase.
Standard entry requirements
- Selection is based on successful interview and audition as well as completing a year 12 qualification (VCE/interstate or overseas equivalent), as well as meeting the prerequisite study requirements. Year 12 - Prerequisites Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any English
- ATAR. Non Year 12 - Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level, including any 'single subjects of study', or successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as the Federation University Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST)
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Applicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies should include a personal statement detailing all relevant experience to strengthen their application. Academic IELTS with an Overall score of 6.0
- With no band less than 6.0, or equivalent.
Credit will be considered if you have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies in a relevant area. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Camp Street (Ballarat)||International: $83,100||No||
Further information: study.federation.edu.au