Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This degree has a real edge for those looking to work in IT. With the opportunity of employment with IBM or another of our industry sponsors upon completion, our unique degree is designed to ensure you are industry ready when you graduate. Highly regarded as an innovative IT program, it's recognised as best practice by the ACS. A 1600 hour internship is embedded within the degree which sees you undertake 1600 hours of work integrated learning with IBM in Ballarat. This exposes you to the world of a globally integrated enterprise allowing you to obtain experience in the breadth and depth of real world, large scale, and complex IT project delivery. You'll earn a scholarship of $38,400 over the final two years of the degree as you study and complete your internship. Second and third year studies include courses aligned with your agreed industry focus area: Software Developments focused or Cloud and Mainframe focused. The contacts you make at IBM or at our other industry sponsors may become your future colleagues, managers or mentors. This degree qualifies graduates as ACS accredited IT professionals with broad IT knowledge, as well as advanced knowledge in Data Modelling and either Software Development or Cloud/Mainframe Infrastructure. Students must meet IBM graduate recruitment requirements and be eligible to work in Australia.
This program consists of 360 credit points. Industry experience is a key and compulsory component of this degree. You will complete 20 core courses and 4 specialisation electives as well as undertake 1600 hours of industry experience with IBM (and/or other industry sponsors). All students must complete specified industry experience in order to successfully complete the program.
- Software Development
- Cloud and Mainframe
- Information Technology
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 - Prerequisites Units 1 and 2: satisfactory completion in two units (any study combination) of Maths: General Mathematics, Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematics or Units 3 and 4: any Mathematics
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any English
- ATAR. Non Year 12 - Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level, including any 'single subjects of study', or successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as the Federation University Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST)
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Applicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies should include a personal statement detailing all relevant experience to strengthen their application.
This program holds Professional Level accreditation with the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Credit will be considered if you have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies in a relevant field. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on your eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications. If you are seeking alternate entry into the Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional Practice) you can consider applying for the following programs: Bachelor of Information Technology; Diploma of Information Technology; Diploma of Digital Media Technologies; Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST) - designed to provide you an alternate entry into tertiary study. Candidates wishing to add this program during the VTAC Change of Preference period should contact Federation University Australia to request an interview. Students can progress to the Bachelor of Science (Honours) as a prelude to a higher degree in research or a professional qualification.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $97,200||No||No information available|
Further information: study.federation.edu.au