Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This is a fifth year program in psychology, open to graduates of an accredited fourth year psychology program. It is designed to provide graduates in psychology an additional year of full-time education in the professional practice of psychology. This year is sufficient to prepare graduates for a final year of supervised practice prior to general registration as a Psychologist. Students are provided with an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in the eight core capabilities and attributes as required to practise psychology. It includes two supervised clinical practicums to enhance the student's theoretical knowledge with professional and 'real world' skill development. This program offers students an alternative '5 + 1' model to register as a Provisional Psychologist through this supervised practice pathway.
80 Credit Points.
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor degree with Honours in an accredited Psychology course with a minimum of Honours IIB
- Or a Bachelor degree with accredited 4th year equivalent major study in Psychology (with performance deemed of the same level as Honours IIB)
- And demonstrated suitability to undertake the course as evidenced by satisfactory: academic referee report
- Professional referee report
- And for short-listed candidates, interview with the selection committee
- And must be eligible for provisional registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia
This course is currently accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) and approved by the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA) as a suitable program of study for the purpose of registration as a psychologist. Please note that a minimum six-year sequence of education and training in psychology is required for an individual to become eligible for general registration as a psychologist in Australia.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne (St Patrick's)||International: $27,096||No||No information available|
This program allows students to become registered as Probationary Psychologists, and prepares graduates for general registration as a Psychologist once they have completed one year of supervised practice. International students on a student visa should be aware that the duration of the student visa will not extend to the one year of supervised practice required for registration. International students intending to complete the supervised practice will need to ensure that they attain an appropriate visa. All students, domestic and international, intending to complete the supervised practice will be fully responsible for finding the supervised employment which will allow them to complete registration requirements.