Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Launch a bright future with a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce that blends professional business skills with studies in the humanities. As you follow your passions, you will receive a world-class education and develop highly valued skills that are at the heart of the new economy: creative thinking, problem-solving, communication, and critical analysis. And upon graduating you will be ready to launch straight into your career thanks to our Future Ready employability program, designed to systematically build each of the elements of your personal brand: your professional identity; experience; job-ready skills; and networks. All our business units are embedded with the United Nations sustainable goals. Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, data analytics, cloud skills and cloud data services are also wired into your studies so you can tick Microsoft certification off your to-do list and get an edge in the job market.
320 credit points. Students may elect to enrol in a Professional Experience unit involving professional placement within a business organisation (in the relevant discipline area) over a period of 105 hours (not available for the Accounting major in Commerce).
- Human Resource Management
- Business Studies
- Education Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Study of Religions
- Theological Studies
- Visual Arts
Standard entry requirements
- To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed the following prerequisites at year 12, or equivalent.New South Wales Prerequisites: English (Standard) (Band 2), EAL (Band 3) -Assumed knowledge: For Mathematics major or minor: Mathematics (not Mathematics General 2) -Recommended studies: For Visual Arts minor: Visual Arts
- Queensland -Prerequisites: English (Units 3 & 4, C)
- Victoria -Prerequisites: Units 3 and 4 - a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English. -Assumed knowledge: For Mathematics major or minor: Satisfactory completion of Math Methods Unit 3 & 4. Or be admitted under the Passion 4 Business Program.
Graduates are eligible for membership of the following professional organisations depending on the business major and minor completed: Accounting - CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
An honours degree in arts or business is available for high-achieving students.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Brisbane (McAuley at Banyo)||International: $116,320||No|
|Melbourne (St Patrick's)||International: $116,320||No|
|Strathfield (Mount Saint Mary)||International: $116,320||No|
Career paths for this course - Accounting firms; Advertising; Employment relations; Event management; Financial management; Human resource management; International trade and investment; Marketing management; Marketing research; Personal investment; Policy administration; Retailing and wholesaling.