Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
In UTS Online's Master of Public Health, students will develop specialist knowledge and skills that span health data, education and promotion, and graduate ready to develop public health programs at a local, national or global level. Offering a diverse range of electives, spanning data analytics, leadership and health services management, students will become equipped with the advanced skills that are applicable to a multitude of health contexts. Students have the choice to select a general pathway, or choose to major in data analytics, or sub-major in leadership, allowing them to tailor their studies to their career goals.
The Master of Public Health comprises 12 online subjects (72 credit points (CP) in total) - eight core subjects and four electives. You have the option to follow one of the listed specialisation pathways, or you may choose to study a general pathway with no major, and select four additional electives to comprise the total amount of credit points required for this course.
- Subjects include: Foundations of Public Health
- Indigenous Public Health
- Global Health Systems
- Planetary Health
- Social Perspectives in Public Health
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Non-communicable Disease
- Communicable Disease
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics
- Fundamentals of Qualitative Research
- Health Promotion
- Specialisation subjects and electives
Standard entry requirements
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursuegraduate studies.Applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree but who have extensive relevant work experience in a healthcare or human services field may also be considered eligible. Applicants must have at least one year’s full-time equivalent experience in a health or human services organisation.The English proficiency requirement for local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0
- Or TOEFL: paper-based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet-based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21
- Or AE5: Pass
- Or PTE: 58-64
- Or CAE: 176-184.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Online Campus||International: $36,072||Yes|
This course is part of an articulated program made up of the Graduate Certificate in Public Health, the Graduate Diploma in Public Health, the Master of Public Health, and the Master of Public Health (Advanced). To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.