Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
In UTS Online’s Graduate Diploma in Public Health, students gain an appreciation of health systems in different societies, and explore how the social determinants of health can inform the complex challenges of technological, economic and social change in communities and societies. Delivered 100% online, and part-time, students will gain immediately applicable skills to make a greater impact in their current role and prepare for future health challenges. Informed by leading academics and researchers, this course is delivered by the UTS School of Public Health, and will provide graduates with a high calibre education at the forefront of public health.
The Graduate Diploma in Public Health comprises all eight core study periods (48 credit points).
- Subjects include: Foundations of Public Health
- Indigenous Public Health
- Global Health Systems
- Planetary Health
- Social Perspectives in Public Health
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Non-communicable Disease
- Communicable Disease
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics
- Fundamentals of Qualitative Research
- and, Health Promotion.
Standard entry requirements
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursuegraduate studies.Applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree but who have extensive relevant work experience in a healthcare or human services field may also be considered eligible. Applicants must have at least one year’s full-time equivalent experience in a health or human services organisation.The English proficiency requirement for local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0
- Or TOEFL: paper-based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet-based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21
- Or AE5: Pass
- Or PTE: 58-64
- Or CAE: 176-184.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Online Campus||International: $24,048||Yes|
This course is part of an articulated program made up of the Graduate Certificate in Public Health, the Graduate Diploma in Public Health, the Master of Public Health and the Master of Public Health (Advanced). To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.