Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course is offered by the Institute for Interactive Media and Learning (IML) through UTS: Education. The course helps students to reflect critically on their teaching in ways which are underpinned by their own experiences and those of their students and colleagues, and by the research on learning and teaching in higher education. The course is designed for current university academics or part-time university teachers interested in an academic career.
Current university teachers
The course consists of 24 credit points of study, comprising 4 subjects which must be completed to be eligible for the award.
- Student learning and teaching approaches
- Course design and assessment
- Reflective academic practice
Standard entry requirements
- UTS recognised bachelor degree, or equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies. Applicants must be full-time or fractional higher education academics, or casual higher education teachers who can provide evidence of ongoing teaching during course enrolment. UTS full-time or fractional-time staff are exempt from paying course fees through sponsorship by the University. The English proficiency requirement for local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0
- Or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21
- Or AE5: Pass
- Or PTE: 58-64
- Or CAE: 176-184.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
This course is not offered to international students.