Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course is designed to provide management knowledge which can be tailored to fit students' needs. It is designed to provide practising engineers with extended knowledge beyond their first degree and to update knowledge and skills in recent advances in engineering, technology and business practice. The subjects offered follow an integrated approach to professional practice through a choice of professional engineering subjects and an elective. Many working engineers and technologists do not have the time to commit to a master's course. However, the demand for management knowledge among engineers is increasing.
Working engineers and technologists
- Students complete 24 credit points of study. A minimum of 18 credit points comes from the core of the Master of Engineering Management and the remainder from core or elective subjects. Elective subjects are to be chosen from postgraduate subjects offered within the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology as listed in the elective option
- some subjects may need prior approval.
- Professional engineering
- Engineering management
Standard entry requirements
- UTS recognised bachelor degree, or equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies. The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0
- Or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21
- Or AE5: Pass
- Or PTE: 58-64
- Or CAE: 176-184. Eligibility for admission does not guarantee offer of a place. International students: To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
This course is also offered offshore. It is available in Hong Kong through the Hong Kong Management Association in both Modern Standard Chinese and English.