Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Master of Finance equips students to manage the challenges of the fast-developing global finance industry. Studies focus on advanced corporate finance, investment management and behavioural finance. Students develop expertise in critical and strategic thinking within a highly-regulated industry framework. Under the guidance of highly-experienced research professionals, students also strengthen their research and analytical skills.
- 72 units
- 16 courses in total
- 4 business courses
- 4 finance courses
- 2 electives.
Standard entry requirements
- Applicants are required to have one of the following: A completed bachelor degree from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent
- Or A completed graduate diploma from a recognised higher education institution
- Or A completed graduate certificate from a recognised higher education institution.Applicants who have: completed a bachelor degree in a business discipline
- Or completed a bachelor degree which includes a major in business, commerce, marketing or management
- Or completed a graduate certificate in a business discipline, are eligible to enter the program with 0.5 EFTSL (18 units) Advanced Standing and complete the program in 1.5 years of full time study or equivalent part time study.
This program is recognised through the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute University Affiliation Program and is recognised as a Financial Risk Manager Academic Partner by the Global Association of Risk Professionals.
|Mid year intake
Normally applicants who have completed a degree with a grade point average of 4 or better will be eligible for entry. Applicants who have completed a bachelor degree in a business discipline or a bachelor degree which includes a major in business, commerce, marketing or management or a graduate certificate in a business discipline, are eligible to enter the program with 0.5 EFTSL (18 units) Advanced Standing.