Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
With a focus on design research, theory and practice, the Master of Design (Interior Architecture) prepares students for a career as an interior architect or interior designer and provides an advanced understanding of the innovative, changing world of design. A major focus of this degree is design research, and students complete an individual research-based project where they are required to critically review, analyse, identify and propose solutions to complex design challenges. Through industry connections, students have the opportunity to work on creative projects, developing skills in writing project proposals and presenting information. Practical, hands-on learning means students not only gain the skills and knowledge needed to design stimulating, sustainable and visually appealing interiors, but also the confidence to embark in real-world projects. Students also complete an industry placement as part of their studies.
- 72 units
- 18 units of research studio
- 18 units of project
- 9 units of project report
- 4.5 units of research methods
- 4.5 units of business practices
- 4.5 units of sustainability
- 13.5 units of electives.
- Interior Architecture
Standard entry requirements
- Completion of a Bachelor degree from a recognised higher education institution, or equivalent, in a related discipline
- And a portfolio of work, curriculum vitae and a written statement of intent. Applicants who have completed the Graduate Diploma in Design from the University of South Australia are eligible to enter and are not required to submit a portfolio of work and statement of intent. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards within the last two years.
Applicants who have completed a Bachelor (Honours) degree in a related discipline are eligible to enter the program with 1.0 EFTSL Advanced Standing and complete the program in 1 year of full time study or equivalent part time study. Applicants who have completed the four year Bachelor of Interior Architecture from the University of South Australia are eligible to enter the program with 0.5 EFTSL Advanced Standing and complete the program in 1.5 years of full time study or equivalent part time study.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|City West||International: $65,200||No|