Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Podiatry provides students with an advanced understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of podiatry, as well as the physical, chemical and social sciences relevant to working in healthcare. There is a major focus on practical skills, and students get the opportunity to practice these skills in a contemporary on-campus Podiatry Clinic, where they work under the supervision and guidance of registered practicing podiatrists.
Standard entry requirements
- Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
- Or complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Complete or partially complete higher education program
- Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
- Complete an Advanced Diploma or above
- Qualify for special entry
- Complete a Foundation Studies program
- And meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
The program is recognised for registration as a Podiatrist by the Podiatry Board of Australia.
The Bachelor of Podiatry (Honours) is available to students studying the Bachelor of Podiatry who have met the grade point average (GPA) requirements and who have been made an offer into the degree.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|City East||International: $151,200||No|
Entry requirements assume knowledge in SACE Stage 2 Biology and SACE Stage 2 Chemistry. Students who undertake activities where interaction with the public is required must obtain a current National Police Clearance and a Current National Criminal History Record Check (Child-Related Clearance) from the Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI). This certificate is valid for the duration of the degree. Student registration with the relevant board of the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) is required in order to study this program.