Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Our degree builds on a strong foundation of social work with a blend of sociology, psychology and human services. You'll graduate ready to join this fast-growing industry: Social work is one of the top 25 high-growth industries in Australia with a projected growth of 23.2 per cent* by 2026. Get first-hand industry experience with placements in places such as hospitals, Berry Street, Mind Australia and Salvation Army. Graduate ready to jump into a wide range of employment opportunities. The Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) has provisional accreditation from The Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Social Work (Honours), students must complete a total of 480 credit points across 4 years.
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Being a Social Worker
- Health and Wellbeing of People With Developmental Disabilities
- Introductory Psychology: Brain and Mind
- Introductory Psychology: People and Culture
- Reflective Communication and Social Work
- Rural Community Engagement
- Social Work in a Political Context
- Society and Culture: Introduction to Sociology
- Understanding Health and Wellbeing
- Wominjeka La Trobe: Indigenous Cultural Literacy for Higher Education
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education (within the last two years)
- VCE: Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL. HSC: One of English Standard, English Advanced (Band 3), English as an Additional Language or Dialect (Band 4).
The Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) has provisional accreditation from The Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW). Professional membership may require an application to the professional body and may have additional or ongoing requirements beyond the completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant professional body for details.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne (Bundoora)||International: $134,000||No|
Campuses: Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Melbourne (Bundoora), Mildura, Shepparton.
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Tuesday, Feb 28 2023