Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Defend and protect our technological security. More than ever, corporations and governments are searching for qualified cybersecurity professionals who can defend and protect against malicious online threats and cybercrime. With a job growth rate more than three times the national average, there's never been a better time to join this in-demand field. La Trobe's Bachelor of Cybersecurity offers you the opportunity to step into the rapidly evolving digital world of cybersecurity. You'll build a highly specialised technical skillset as you learn about the history of hacking, build your coding expertise, and access industry-based projects and mentoring opportunities with major corporations. You'll also have the opportunity to complement your industry-focused learning with a choice of advanced electives in IT, business, law, policy and strategic communication. You'll learn: Cybersecurity fundamentals Learn the basic principles and best practices of cybersecurity.
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Cybersecurity in Practice
- Data-based Critical Thinking
- Inside Information Technology
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Programming Environment
- Wominjeka La Trobe: Indigenous Cultural Literacy for Higher Education
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 English prerequisite (20) - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- Non Year 12 - Vocational Education & Training: VET prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- Non Year 12 - Higher Education study: HE prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- Non Year 12 - Higher Education study: HE prerequisites - Course specific requirements - To be eligible for an offer of admission into the Bachelor of Cybersecurity at La Trobe University, an applicant must:
- Meet the stated criteria for Year 12 or Non Year 12 admission,
The Bachelor of Cybersecurity is awaiting the outcome of re-accreditation by the Australian Computer Society (ACS). Graduates of the Bachelor of Cybersecurity may apply for membership with the ACS. Membership may be subject to additional or ongoing requirements beyond completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant professional body for details.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne (Bundoora)||International: $111,600||Yes|
Campuses: Melbourne (Bundoora).
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Friday, Nov 11 2022
Optus Business has backed La Trobe University's Bachelor of Cybersecurity with three A$5,000 per year scholarships for students taking on the course. More detail on the Optus Business cybersecurity scholarship, including how to apply, can be found at www.latrobe.edu.au/scholarships.