Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program focuses on the education of students in Years 7 to 12. Junior secondary years (7-10) are an exciting phase of learning, while the senior years (Years 11-12) are a critical time for young people as they develop plans for post-secondary education and work. The professional experience component is an integral part of the program. It examines the context, purposes and processes of teaching in schools.
96 credit points of subjects.
- Education-secondary. Teaching areas include: Accounting
- health and physical education
- information communication technologies
- legal studies
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- English (Units 3/4,C), General Maths or Mathematical Methods or Specialist Maths (Units3/4,C)
- Minimum literacy and numeracy standards as set by Queensland College of Teachers
- Plus Suitability to Work with Children Card (Blue Card) from the Queensland Family and Child Commission. Students considering Mathematics and Physics as teaching areas must have Maths B (4,SA). Students considering Chemistry as a teaching area must have Chemistry (4,SA).
Queensland College of Teachers
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Not all teaching areas are available at all campuses.