Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Master of Data Science postgraduate degree has been designed to meet the AQF level 9 requirements, consists of 14 units, is taught in English and normally takes 2 years of full-time study or part-time equivalent. Students are admitted based on having completed a previous bachelors level qualification at AQF 7 or equivalent. The course structure includes 11 core units and three elective units. Students are required to complete two 30 credit point project courses (60 credit point project in total) which the student can use to undertake either an applied industry based project, or complete a research oriented thesis.The Master of Data Science will equip graduate with a comprehensive suite of tools they need to manage, manipulate, analyse and visualise data coming from various sources such as science, business and society, putting students in high demand for careers across a range of industries.
240 credit points over 2 years.
- Foundations of programming
- Data science for all
- Statistics and R
- Professional research and communication
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Advanced data science project 1
- Data science case studies
- Computational methods for data analysis
- Advanced data science project 2
- Business intelligence & data warehousing
- Regression and multivariate data analysis.
Standard entry requirements
- Academic Entry Requirements Successful completion of Australian Bachelor degree in science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, information technology or business
- Or overseas equivalent. Students will be required to demonstrate they have previously studied introductory mathematics and at least one information technology unit in their undergraduate degree
- Or select an approved elective unit in their first semester of study. English language requirement International students must have completed IELTS English language assessment with an overall band score of 6.0, with no band less than 6.0 or equivalent. Plus the equivalent academic admission requirements described for domestic students.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $56,480||No|