Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program provides an opportunity for you to develop an advanced understanding of data science by incorporating and interpreting complex information, concepts and theories to relevant disciplines, using data science tools and methods to manage, process, and analyse data. Throughout the program, you will utilise your skills to handle large volumes of data, working with real-time data, cloud computing, unstructured data and statistical models. As a graduate, you may work in data science related areas such as the health care, finance, government administration and IT industries.This program is also available as a graduate certificate and graduate diploma option for domestic and international students.
240 credit points over 2 years.
- Foundations of programming
- Data science for all
- Statistics and R
- Professional research and communication
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Advanced data science project 1
- Data science case studies
- Computational methods for data analysis
- Advanced data science project 2
- Business intelligence & data warehousing
- Regression and multivariate data analysis.
Standard entry requirements
- Successful completion of Australian Bachelor degree in science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, information technology or business
- Or overseas equivalent.Students will be required to demonstrate they have previously studied introductory mathematics and at least one information technology course in their undergraduate degree
- Or select an approved elective course in their first semester of study.English language requirementInternational students must have completed IELTS English language assessment with an overall band score of 6.0, with no band less than 6.0 or equivalent.Plus the equivalent academic admission requirements described for domestic students.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $53,800||No|