Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Our Bachelor of Visual Arts program has been reimagined in response to the evolving contemporary art landscape, with a focus on collaboration and self-initiated creative practice. We foster a cohesive creative community that will support you during your degree and after you graduate.Courses in contemporary studio art practice are contextualised through a comprehensive historical and theoretical foundation. You will develop skills in painting, drawing, ceramics, sculpture and installation, printmaking, and media technologies. You will also gain skills in virtual and physical exhibition planning and management through our online and campus galleries. A range of electives across disciplines is available to complement your visual arts studies. With an expanded skillset, you expand your employment options in the arts sector and beyond. Electives include Arts Writing, Indigenous Studies, Entrepreneurship, Behavioural Studies, Media and Screen Studies, Education and Web Project Development.You will be prepared for a professional career in the arts through our internship program. Placements are available in art galleries, arts organisations, schools, and community organisations.
This program consists of 360 credit points.
- Drawing, Visual Art: Studio Arts Practice
- Visual Culture: An Introduction
- Digital Art
- Visual Culture: Foundations and Traditions
- Materials and Technology
- Visual Culture: Modernism to Postmodernism
- Australian Indigenous Art
- Collaborative Workshop
- Contemporary Issues in Visual Culture
- Professional Art Practice
- Writing About the Arts.
Standard entry requirements
- Successful completion of Australian Year 12
- Or overseas equivalent. Academic IELTS with an Overall score of 6.0
- With no band less than 6.0, or equivalent.Interview and folio - refer to: study.federation.edu.au
Credit will be considered if students have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies in a relevant area.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Camp Street (Ballarat)||International: $84,300||No|
|Gippsland (Churchill)||International: $84,300||No|
Further information: study.federation.edu.au