Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Harness technology to help organisations achieve a competitive advantage. Develop skills in business processes, data and information management, enterprise systems and business intelligence. Business information systems courses enable students to develop skills in business processes, and study courses in data and information management, enterprise systems and business intelligence, which are essential in employers from hospitals to government, engineering to logistics and more. You'll learn the skills, the appropriate knowledge and values to be effective in modern business environments. You will develop an understanding of the organisational settings in which information systems are used, and recognise the threats and opportunities of technology in business. This degree examines the organisational and technological issues that are needed for the analysis and design of business information systems. It provides a state-of-the-art degree that considers modern principles and theories of computing together with the practical applications of technology. You'll explore information security, multimedia, knowledge management, databases, emerging technologies in business and more. You will become familiar with the latest developments in IT, the different types of tools and their applications. By choosing electives to compliment your study in IT, you can also build your business acumen with subjects including the theory and practice of managing people, and build knowledge on understanding and analysing workplace behaviour.
This program consists of 360 credit points. Students will complete 16 core courses, 4 specialised elective courses, 4 general elective courses and a zero credit point IT Professional Engagement course.
- Business information systems
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 - Prerequisites Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any English
- ATAR. Non Year 12 - Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level, including any 'single subjects of study', or successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as the Federation University Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST)
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Applicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies should include a personal statement detailing all relevant experience to strengthen their application.Academic IELTS with an Overall score of 6.0, with no band less than 5.5, or equivalent.
This program holds Professional Level accreditation with the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Credit will be considered if students have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications. If students are seeking alternate entry into the Bachelor of Information Technology (Business Information Systems) they can consider applying for the following programs: Diploma of Information Technology, Diploma of Digital Media Technologies, Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST) Program. Enrol in single units (courses): ITECH1000 Programming 1 and ITECH1004 Introduction to Multimedia. Re-apply with credit to the Bachelor of Information Technology for the next semester. Students can progress to the Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) as a prelude to a higher degree in research or a professional qualification.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $74,100||No|
Further information: study.federation.edu.au