Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Artificial intelligence is driving digital disruption, with new technology helping redefine many industries. Many companies are looking to take advantage of recent advances in artificial intelligence, which is creating a large demand for skilled professionals. Deakin’s Master of Applied Artificial Intelligence (Professional) will equip you with specialist knowledge and skills necessary to design and develop advanced software solutions that harness the latest advances in artificial intelligence (AI). The Master of Applied Artificial Intelligence (Professional) extends the Master of Applied Artificial Intelligence by providing students with the opportunity to further their knowledge by undertaking industry-based learning, or engaging in an in-depth research project under the supervision of our internationally-recognised research staff.
- 16 credit points
- 10 core units
- 4 credit points from one of: Major thesis (4 credit points), Professional practice (4 credit points) or Research and development in IT (1 credit point) and 3 credit points of level 7 coded units.
- Machine learning
- Human aligned artificial intelligence
- Applications of computer vision and speech processing
- Engineering AI solutions
Standard entry requirements
- Entry will be based on performance in: Bachelor degree or higher in related discipline, OR
- A Bachelor degree or higher in any discipline AND two years of relevant work experience (or part-time equivalent), OR
- Graduate Certificate or higher in a related discipline, OR
- Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course. All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement. Refer to the Deakin University website for more detailed information about additional course requirements for all applicant groups, or equivalent minimum requirements for applicants with a higher education study, VET study or work and life experience.
Alternative exits: Graduate Certificate of Artificial Intelligence, Graduate Diploma of Artificial Intelligence (exit only), Master of Applied Artificial Intelligence
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Geelong Waurn Ponds||International: $74,080||No|
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Please note that due to Australian Government regulations, student visas to enter Australia cannot be issued to students who enrol in Deakin's Cloud Campus.