Type of institution: Registered Training Organisation
This qualification is part of the Community Services Training Package. It reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities. At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals. Workers may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
- 16 units: 8 core
- 8 elective
- Core: Develop and implement service programs
- Develop workplace communication strategies
- Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- Manage and promote diversity
- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- Manage work health and safety
- plus more. Electives: Assess co-existing needs
- Manage and maintain tenancy agreements and services
- Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- Provide advocacy and representation services
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
Entrance requirements vary between providers.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 100 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.