Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program provides students with a sound knowledge and critical appreciation of both the skills and understandings of human movement, and the structure, practices and participant needs of the Australian sport, exercise and active recreation sector. It will provide graduates with the foundation knowledge and skills for entry into a breadth of professional careers. They include first, exercise and sport science, rehabilitation, community fitness and health, and personal training and second, community sport development, planning for sport and active recreation, and consulting and research in sport participation.
- 384 credit points consisting of: 96 credit points First Year Core units
- 48 credit points Core units
- 96 credit points Sport Science (Human Movement) Professional Core units
- 96 credit points Major studies from the approved list
- 48 credit points Minor studies from the approved list.
- Human movement
- Sport management
- Outdoor recreation leadership
- Sport and active communities.
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- A minimum study score of 20 in English units 3 and 4 (any) or equivalent or a study score of 25 in English (ESL)
- Mature age applicants with relevant work, education and/or community experience will be considered for admission to the course
VET applicants will be considered and pathways are available from a range of VET courses.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Footscray Park||International: $101,600||No||No information available|