Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course provides you with foundational knowledge about translation theory and practice and will develop your skills in translating from and into English and your chosen language: Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian and Spanish.This degree can be considered as the first step towards gaining professional certification, by making you eligible to progress to the Graduate Diploma in Translation studies (another semester of studies), or the Master of Translation Studies (between 2 and 3 more semesters of studies).With lecturers being both academics and professional translators, their teaching is enriched with a wealth of theoretical and practical experiences. Teaching takes place in small classes so as to accompany each student along their personal learning journey.
Standard entry requirements
- To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—(a)(i) a bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA
- And(ii) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 65 per cent in the Level 3 units of a major
- Or(b) a level and duration of education, professional experience, and/or demonstrable life skills considered by UWA to be sufficient to permit satisfactory completion of the course
- And(c)(i) demonstrated native or near-native proficiency in the chosen language specialisation
- Orii) for French, Italian, German, and Spanish, B2/C1 levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- For Chinese, a minimum of HSK 4
- For Japanese, Level N2/N3 at the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test)
- For Indonesian, Level 3 at the UKBI (UjianKemahiran Bahasa Indonesia) or Level 4 at the ISLPR (International Second Language Proficiency Ratings)
- And for Korean, Level 4 at the TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean).
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|