Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
CRICOS: 00244B (QLD); 02225M (NSW)
The Graduate Diploma of Education provides flexibility for students to select specialisations and courses that best build their applied knowledge and skills to advance their careers in an educational environment. The Graduate Diploma of Education also facilitates articulation into USQ's Master of Education.
- 8 units: course structure depends on specialisation. These guidelines shape the program structure: Four or five units (depending on specialisation) must be taken from the recommended enrolment pattern of the selected specialisation
- One or two discipline courses (depending on specialisation).
- Adult, Professional and Workplace Learning
- Applied Linguistics
- Career Development
- Curriculum and Pedagogical Leadership
- Early Childhood
- Guidance and Counselling
- Leading and Managing Educational Organisations
- Multicultural Education
- Online and Distributed Learning
- Special Education
- Teaching English language to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
Standard entry requirements
- Completion of an Australian University Bachelor degree in an education related discipline, or equivalent (AQF Level 7) from a recognised institution
- OR a Bachelor degree or equivalent in a non education-related discipline plus USQ's Graduate Certificate of Education
- AND English Language Proficiency requirements for Category 3.
Articulation from: Graduate Certificate of Education Articulation to: Master of Education.
Not all courses are available in every mode in every semester or year. Students are advised to check the course and mode offer listings for each semester/ year.