Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Graduate Certificate in Nursing (Bridging & Re-entry) is designed for registered nurses who hold an overseas degree, and previously registered Australian nurses who wish to re-enter the workforce. It provides students with the practical skills and knowledge needed to practice as a registered nurse in Australia. Students with an overseas degree study on campus, and previously registered Australian nurses study online. All students attend on campus workshops and learn in a clinician-led, authentic, simulated hospital and health service. A clinical placement prepares students for a rewarding career in one of the most important sectors of health care.
- 24 weeks duration
- 8 week supervised clinical practicum
- 8 week placement in hospital setting.
Standard entry requirements
- Internationally educated nurses: certified evidence of registration with the relevant Nurse Registration Authority in own country or place of residence
- AND bachelor degree in nursing commensurate with the standard of registered nurse preparation in Australia - minimum equivalence of Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level 7
- AND minimum 2 years work experience with 12 months practice (within the last 2 years) as a Registered Nurse in country of practice, evidenced by a certified employment statement dated in the last 6 months
- AND letter of approval from the Australian Health Professional Regulation Agency (AHPRA) on behalf of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) to undertake a NMBA approved bridging program. The referral must be current for the duration of the program. International students must meet the English Language Requirements for Nurses or Midwives as specified in the NMBA Registration Standard. Australian educated nurses: evidence of prior registration as a nurse with a Nurse Registration Authority in Australia within the last 10 years
- AND letter of approval from AHPRA on behalf of NMBA to undertake a NMBA approved bridging program. The referral must be current for the duration of the program.
Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate in Nursing (Bridging and Re-entry) program students will be eligible to apply for registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|City East||International: $19,700||No||No information available|
Students who undertake activities such as field or clinical placements must demonstrate they meet mandatory pre-placement conditional requirements including criminal history clearance, child related employment clearance and immunisation requirements. On entry to the qualification, students must confirm they meet the 'Fitness to Practice in Clinical Placements' requirements.