Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Psychological Science (Counselling and Interpersonal Skills) provides a balance of courses in psychology theory and counselling which means graduates will enter the workforce with a strong understanding of psychology, as well as the analytical, communication and interpersonal skills needed to work with individuals, groups and communities.
- 108 units
- 54 units of psychology courses (comprising 9 core and 3 elective courses)
- 1 indigenous content course
- 7 counselling and interpersonal skills courses (comprising 3 core and 4 elective courses)
- 1 professional development course
- 9 unit 150 hour work experience placement
- 1 free elective.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Psychological Science
Standard entry requirements
- Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
- Or complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Complete or partially complete higher education program
- Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
- Complete a Certificate IV level or above
- Qualify for special entry
- Complete a Foundation Studies program
- And meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
This program is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council. On completion of the program, graduates will have met the prerequisites to apply for fourth year programs in Psychology.
Future study opportunities, Bachelor of Psychology (Honours).
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Magill||International: $87,900||Yes||No information available|
Students can combine the Bachelor of Psychological Science (Counselling and Interpersonal Skills) degree with another degree. With just one year of extra study students can graduate with a Bachelor of Psychological Science (Counselling and Interpersonal Skills), Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) degree.