Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Information Technology (Games and Entertainment Design) teaches students to apply technical skills and creativity to game-type productions, software and interfaces. Students use the latest industry tools and develop skills in computer graphics programming, multimedia design and information visualisation and have access to the IT Development Studio and IT Innovation Studio.
- 108 units
- core courses in Information Technology (58.5 units)
- Elective course (4.5 units)
- major (36 units) in Games and Entertainment Design
- final semester group project (9.0 units).
- Information Technology
- Games Design
- Entertainment Design
Standard entry requirements
- Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
- Or complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Complete or partially complete higher education program
- Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
- Complete a Certificate IV level or above
- Qualify for special entry
- Complete a Foundation Studies program OR complete a specified professional course AND meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
This program is professionally accredited by the Australian Computer Society.
Students who exit this degree having successfully completed the first two years will receive an associate degree.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mawson Lakes||International: $100,800||Yes||No information available|
Entry is available to students who have completed a professional course from the list on the University of South Australia website.