Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Information Technology is a stepping stone to a career in computing, software development and the information services industries. Students learn using the latest industry tools, technologies and research. There are a number of flexible entry pathways and a common first year which enables students to switch between specialisations and get credit for the courses they've already completed.
- 108 units: core courses in Information Technology (58.5 units)
- Elective course (4.5 units)
- two minors (18 units each) with at least one in Information Technology
- final semester group project (9.0 units).
- Information Technology
Standard entry requirements
- Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
- Or complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Complete or partially complete higher education program
- Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
- Complete a Certificate IV level or above
- Qualify for special entry
- Complete a Foundation Studies program
- OR complete one of the specified professional courses AND meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
This program is professionally accredited by the Australian Computer Society.
An Honours degree is available as an additional year of study for those with outstanding academic results.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mawson Lakes||International: $100,800||Yes||No information available|
Entry is available to students who have completed a professional course from the list on the University of South Australia website.