Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Graduate Diploma in Genomics and Health is a one-year nested award within the two-year Master of Genomics and Health. The program adopts a blended learning approach, utilising both self-paced online learning and face-to-face tutorials and workshops that allow you to apply your knowledge in a problem-based learning environment. It is led by research and education leaders within the Melbourne Children's Campus, incorporating expertise from the Royal Children's Hospital, the Murdoch Children's Institute for Research and the University of Melbourne Department of Paediatrics, and is relevant to medical and allied health professionals wishing to upskill; recent undergraduates in science and biomedicine who want to broaden their careers beyond the laboratory; and those with a health or science background seeking careers in clinical trials, education, community-based organisations such as genetic support groups, government or those seeking an entry point into a graduate research degree.
100 credit points comprising 75 points of compulsory subjects and 25 points of elective subjects.
- Intro to Human Genetics and Genomics
- Human Genetics and Genomics in Healthcare
- Societal Implications of Genomics
- Principles of Counselling 1
- Healthcare Research-Principles and Designs
- Clinical Genomics
- plus more
Standard entry requirements
- An undergraduate degree, in a cognate discipline such as science, health sciences, social work, psychology, medicine, or related discipline, with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%) or equivalent
- And prerequisite studies in biology to first year undergraduate level, or equivalent OR six years of documented relevant work experience in a cognate discipline
- And prerequisite studies in biology to first-year undergraduate level, or equivalent OR an undergraduate degree in any discipline, or equivalent, with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%), or equivalent
- And at least two years of documented relevant work experience
- And pre-requisite studies in biology to first year undergraduate level, or equivalent.
Students have the option of enrolling in the Master of Genomics and Health course (200 points) and exiting with the Graduate Diploma (100 points), enrolling in the Graduate Diploma and exiting with the Graduate Certificate (50 points), or enrolling in the Graduate Certificate and subsequently articulating to the Graduate Diploma or Master.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|