Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This introductory graduate certificate lays the foundation for further study in clinical genetics and genomics and is suitable for students with no, or limited, prior genetics training. You will finish the certificate with the ability to identify future learning needs in order to maintain an expert working knowledge in genomics. Nested within the two-year Master of Genomics and Health, it provides an introduction to the current and potential impact on health and medicine brought about by advances in genomics and related technologies. The program adopts a blended learning approach, utilising both self-paced online learning, and face-to-face tutorials and workshops that allows you to apply your knowledge in a problem-based learning environment. The course is led by research and education leaders within the Melbourne Children's Campus, incorporating expertise from the Royal Children's Hospital, the Murdoch Children's Institute for Research and the University of Melbourne Department of Paediatrics.
50 credit points comprising compulsory subjects.
- Intro to Human Genetics and Genomics
- Human Genetics and Genomics in Healthcare
- Societal Implications of Genomics
- Principles of Counselling 1
- Healthcare Research-Principles and Designs
Standard entry requirements
- An undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline such as science,health sciences, social work, psychology, medicine, or related discipline, with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%) or equivalent
- And prerequisite studies in biology to first year undergraduate level, or equivalent OR six years of documented relevant work experience in a cognate discipline
- And prerequisite studies in biology to first year undergraduate level, or equivalent OR an undergraduate degree in any discipline, or equivalent, with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%), or equivalent
- And at least two years of documented relevant work experience
- And pre-requisite studies in biology to first year undergraduate level, or equivalent.
Students also have the option of enrolling in the Master of Genomics and Health course (200 points) and exiting with the Graduate Certificate (50 points), or enrolling in the Graduate Diploma and exiting with the Graduate Certificate (50 points).
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Parkville||International: $23,856||No||No information available|