Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Curious about trends and changes in the commercial realm? Business-minded but thinking bigger than the nine-to-five? Our Master of Business Research is designed for graduates of a business coursework master degree who want to start on a research pathway or reinforce their edge in the labour market. Completion of this degree satisfies the entry requirements for a PhD but many employers will also value the research skills, networks and experiences you can draw from as a graduate of our master program. There are also many different areas of business you can research during your study. You might investigate organisational resilience or mentor-protege relationships. You could research machine-learning classification techniques and how they're used to predict movement in the stock market. You might be interested in consumer behaviour, marketing strategies in the wine industry or the impact of cryptography on audit procedures. Perhaps you'll examine management practice in family businesses or women's experiences in leadership positions.
Prospective PhD students
- Over the course of the program you will: discover how to do meaningful research
- plan and conduct your research with high levels of independence, guided by an academic mentor who'll support and encourage your intellectual development
- develop skills for problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking, project management, self-management and communication
- drive innovation and progress in an area you're passionate about
- become part of the academic community and build your professional and global networks
- complete a dissertation comprising 33 percent of the program.
Standard entry requirements
- Domestic students - Master degree and submission of two-page proposal summary to the Business School together with the application
- International students - Master degree in Business, Finance and Economics or equivalent with a credit average.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|North Terrace||International: $69,000||No|