Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Modern economies depend on good accounting. We need experts who understand and can explain financial and social business environments to others. Our Master of Accounting offers an intensive two-year path to careers in accounting, financial management, auditing and business advising. Accounting graduates are in demand and enjoy both stability and variety. Due to changes in reporting practices, career opportunities are increasing across public and private sectors. With your degree you might work with a charity, in education or for the government. Perhaps you'll become chief financial officer at a company or manage budgets in the sporting world. You could even unmask financial deceptions as a forensic accountant.
- The degree provides you the opportunity to develop broad-based knowledge and skills essential to accounting and deeper learning through advanced elective courses. You will: learn the fundamentals of financial and management accounting
- study advanced accounting concepts and techniques
- take courses in taxation and auditing
- explore relevant business areas such as economics, finance, information systems and business law
- work on a large-scale applied research project.
Standard entry requirements
A completed Bachelors degree or equivalent
Our Master of Accounting (North Terrace campus) satisfies the requirements for associate membership of CPA Australia, and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand. (Melbourne campus is currently seeking accounting accreditation.)
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|North Terrace||International: $92,000||Yes|