Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This specialist Health and Physical Education - Primary course equips individuals to be leaders in promoting physical activity and teaching physical education across the lifespan. Students learn how to: motivate and instruct others to become more skilled and physically fit; assess progress in skills and fitness; and design and implement physical education programs.
- 3 Core Curriculum courses (units)
- 20 Health Science courses
- 9 Education courses
- 7 Primary stream courses
- 27 weeks of practicum across 4 years.
- Education-health and physical
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Admissions interview
- Mature age applicants should achieve completion of a pre-university course at an approved college/TAFE, or a satisfactory result in the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
This Award is accredited by the Teachers Registration Board of West Australia.
Applicants may consider a Notre Dame Australia enabling program as an entry pathway.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
All teacher education students in WA are required to sit the national Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Students (LANTITE) and demonstrate the required minimum level of personal literacy and numeracy prior to their final professional experience. The test is administered externally by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) and students will be required to register with ACER and pay for the test.