Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification will help progress your career as a dental hygienist by teaching you advanced techniques. You will learn about contemporary dental hygiene practice to develop your skills to work in the private or government sector.
- Administer pain control for dental treatment
- Analyse and apply epidemiology in dental and health practice
- Apply oral medicine and pathology principles to dental hygiene treatment
- Apply pharmacology principles to dental hygiene management
- Apply professional tooth whitening agents
- Apply rubber dam and fissure sealants
- Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- Confirm physical health status
- Contribute to working with the community to identify health needs
- Diagnose and manage dental caries and other hard tissue pathologies in the patient
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
Satisfactory performance in a written assessment.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Gilles Plains||International: $64,900||No||No information available|