Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Accounting is designed to equip students with core skills and knowledge in business, management and operations to prepare them for roles in modern organisations. Students undertake in depth studies in accounting in the core areas of financial accounting, management accounting, finance, tax and auditing, in addition to economics and company law. The course links theoretical and practical knowledge needed to operate effectively in diverse settings such as not-for-profits, government, small business and corporations. Students participate in professionally focused, multidisciplinary projects during their final year of study.
- 300 credit points comprising: 8 core units (100 credit points)
- 8 units from the Accounting major (100 credit points)
- 4 compulsory units being in depth studies in accounting (50 credit points)
- Secondary studies (50 credit points) comprising of a minor or electives.
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent. VCE prerequisites: Units 3 and 4: a minimum study score of 25 in English (or equivalent) or 30 in English (EAL). Additional performance criteria and prerequisite requirements may also apply. English language requirements - satisfactory completion of one of the following: Swinburne's English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 65%, all skills 65%
- Minimum IELTS overall band of 6.0 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 75 with a reading band no less than 18 and writing band no less than 20
- Pearson (PTE) minimum score of 50 (no communicative skills less than 50)
- Any other equivalent assessment of English language proficiency.
Graduates with an Accounting major may be eligible to apply for membership of CPA Australia (CPAA), Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA).
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Swinburne Online||International: $88,800||Yes||No information available|