Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Diploma in Engineering provides an introduction to the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours). This two semester program is designed for international students and offers extensive English language and academic support. Students who successfully complete may gain access to the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with full credit for the 8 units passed in the Diploma in Engineering.
- The Diploma in Engineering provides an introduction to engineering units, concepts and data. The course features common engineering units to provide a broad understanding of foundation principles. Majors available after completing the diploma include: civil engineering
- computer and software systems
- electrical engineering
- aerospace engineering
- mechanical engineering
- medical engineering
- process engineering
- Civil engineering materials
- Engineering computation
- Engineering mathematics
- Energy in engineering systems
- Foundations of electrical engineering
- Introductory engineering mathematics
- Professional communication
Standard entry requirements
- Completion of Senior High School
- Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C) (or equivalent)
- IELTS 5.5 with no sub-score less than 5 or QUT accepted equivalent.
This course provides a pathway into the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) where eligibility requirements are met.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Kelvin Grove||International: $29,828||No|
Develop academic and English language skills for successful study in the degree program. You will develop academic skills which will help you become more confident with your university studies and dramatically improve your English skills, all while enjoying a complete university experience. This course is only available to international students.