QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a real-world focus. We are committed to providing real world learning experiences and research solutions, and our courses have a balanced mix of theory and practical experiences such as internships and placements. We offer a diverse and multicultural environment in which to study, with more than 50,000 students, including international students from more than 140 countries.
When you study at QUT you’ll have opportunities to gain practical experience and valuable industry connections through more than 3,000 industry partners. We are one of the nation’s fastest-growing research universities and our solid international reputation ensures your qualifications will be well regarded wherever you choose to pursue your career.
Here are some of our most recent accolades and rankings:
- QUT is the top young university in Australia and 14th in the world in the THE Young University Rankings (2020)
- The university ranks 186th globally, according to the THE World University Rankings (2021)
- QUT came in 217th globally in the QS World Universities Ranking (2020)
- QUT is placed 39th globally (2nd nationally) for Employer-Student Connections in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020.
- 9th in Australia and in the 101-110 band globally in the QS Graduate Employability Ranking (2020)
- First in Australia and 17th in the world for Communication and Media Studies in the QS World University Ranking by Subject (2020)
- Seventh in Australia and 35th in the world for Nursing in the QS World University Ranking by Subject (2020)
- QUT enjoys a student satisfaction rating of 91.7 per cent of international students satisfied with their QUT experience (International Student Barometer Queensland, 2018)
We offer a broad range of courses, which combine cutting-edge theory with intensive practical learning and the latest technology, to help you take on whatever challenges come your way. Our courses are regularly reviewed and updated in consultation with industry professionals, to maximise your career opportunities and ensure your degree reflects the latest industry practice.
- Business courses
- Creative practice, communication and design courses
- Education courses
- Engineering courses
- English language and pathway programs
- Health courses
- Law courses
- Science courses
- Social justice courses
Our Gardens Point campus is located in the centre of Brisbane’s CBD and is home to various high-tech study spaces, arts venues, fitness facilities and food outlets. There is plenty to do between study breaks, including exploring The Cube, the world’s largest interactive digital screen, or visiting one of our museums and art exhibitions.
Our Kelvin Grove campus is located only three kilometres from the CBD in the thriving Kelvin Grove Village precinct. QUT Kelvin Grove boasts a variety of shops, restaurants, a weekly market, residential units, parklands and fitness facilities, alongside the dynamic art and performance spaces at QUT's Creative Industries Precinct.
CRICOS No. 00213J
Phone: +61 7 3138 9944