Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program leads to an advanced qualification in teaching English to speakers of other languages. It is also relevant for those seeking to undertake applied research relevant to their professional responsibilities and interests in the area of TESOL and applied linguistics.
This program is available by coursework or a combination of coursework and a minor thesis. Students can exit early and receive a Graduate Diploma. Students must complete 120 credit points of study to complete a Graduate Diploma of TESOL. Students taking the full two-year (240 credit point) program must select the majority of subjects from a list of applied linguistics subjects, and must also take Research Methods. Students can take the remaining subjects as a minor thesis or you can choose from other subjects within the Faculty of Education.
- Teaching English to speakers of other languages
Standard entry requirements
- Applicants with a three-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification are eligible for entry to the full two-year program
- Applicants with a four-year teaching qualification, Honours degree or a relevant Graduate Diploma from a recognised university or institution are eligible for Advanced Standing entry to the one-year program
- International students must meet the academic and English language requirements
- NB: Meeting minimum prerequisites does not guarantee an offer of a place
- Entry into all La Trobe courses is based on competitive selection and there may be limited places available.
Applicants with a four-year teaching qualification, Honours degree or a relevant Graduate Diploma from a recognised university or institution are eligible for Advanced Standing entry to the one-year program.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne||International: $39,500||No||No information available|