Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program gives graduate physiotherapists an opportunity to develop advanced clinical and practical skills in musculoskeletal physiotherapy.
- 120 credit points of study: the first 60 credit points comprise the Graduate Certificate
- the remaining 60 credit points comprise 2 subjects that teach advanced clinical practice and expert clinical reasoning, manual therapy and exercise prescription within an evidence-based practice framework. One subject comprises 160 hours of clinical placements, the other requires a two-week full-time attendance on campus for lectures and practical sessions.
- Musculoskeletal physiotherapy
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy or equivalent
- Graduate Certificate in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy with a minimum B-grade course weighted average mean
- At least two years clinical experience in the musculoskeletal field
- Full current Australian physiotherapy registration NB: Meeting minimum prerequisites does not guarantee an offer of a place
- Entry into all La Trobe courses is based on competitive selection and there may be limited places available.
Graduates of the Master of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy may apply for membership and the title of APA Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist with the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA). Membership and titling may be subject to additional or ongoing requirements beyond completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant body for details.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Students must complete the two-week University-based subject Clinical Reasoning and Manual Physiotherapy (PTY5CRM TE:PE W5-10, first two weeks of February) before commencing PTY5APM: Advanced Practice in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.