Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program is for students seeking to develop a career in Human Resource Management. Starting with the core foundation knowledge required for all managers, it goes on to provide the opportunity for students to develop knowledge focused on HRM. The program brings together students from a diverse mix of academic backgrounds ranging from engineering, humanities and science to management and business in a way that facilitates dynamic multidisciplinary innovation and exchange of ideas. The primary objective of the course is to equip students with the tools and skills necessary to develop ideas, to lead and to manage organisational human resource management activities across corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors, and in small, medium and large-scale enterprises.
The degree requires the completion of 16 subjects totalling 240 credit points. First year consists of 8 core subjects while second year consists of 3 specialisation subjects and 5 elective subjects.
- Human resource management
Standard entry requirements
- An Australian Bachelor's degree in any discipline or an approved equivalent qualification
- Admission may be granted to applicants without an undergraduate degree but with 5 or more years' relevant work experience
- International students must meet the academic and English language requirements
- NB: Meeting minimum prerequisites does not guarantee an offer of a place
- Entry into all La Trobe courses is based on competitive selection and there may be limited places available.
The Master of Management (Human Resource Management) is accredited by the Australian Human Resources Institute. Professional registration may require an application to the professional body and may have additional or ongoing requirements beyond the completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant professional body for details.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne||International: $68,000||Yes||No information available|
Applicants with demonstrated prior learning in business, either in the form of an undergraduate degree in a business related field or with at least five years relevant business experience, will be eligible to apply for advanced standing for the four subjects of the first semester of the course. In making an offer of advanced standing to an applicant, the University may give consideration to a range of factors including academic record, and employment experience.