Federation University has six campuses stretching across Victoria — from the regional areas of Gippsland and Ballarat, to our city campus in Berwick, Melbourne and our Brisbane Campus in Queensland. Either onsite or close by, all our campuses have everything you need to get ahead in your studies, while also allowing you to enjoy life outside the classroom.
From clinical nursing units and innovative science labs to industry training spaces — we do everything we can to create the best possible learning experience for our students. A large part of this means providing purpose-built facilities, such as:
- a new $16.5 million sports science precinct including rehabilitation centre (Ballarat)
- a $43 million engineering and science building (Ballarat)
- impressive health science laboratories
- immersive nursing facilities with hospital-standard equipment
- state-of-the-art IT facilities
- high-quality teaching and research facilities
- modern libraries, studios and lecture theatres
- sporting and leisure facilities, such as indoor swimming pool/aquatic centre, gymnasium and tennis courts.
Why choose Federation?
- #1 in Australia for Teaching Quality**
- #1 in Victoria for Full-Time Graduate Employment^
- #1 in Victoria for Median Graduate Starting Salary^
- #1 in Victoria for Student Support^#1 in Victoria for Overall Educational Experience**
- High quality, personalised teaching and small class sizes
- Competitively priced courses and excellent scholarship opportunities
- Quality lifestyle with campuses in regional and city locations
- Industry-relevant courses and innovative research centres on campus
** Student Experience Survey (SES) 2018, Australian universities, postgraduate level, results released March 2019
^ The Good Universities Guide 2020
Bachelor, master and PhD degrees are available in a range of study areas:
- Creative arts
- Humanities and social sciences
- Information technology
- Nursing and healthcare
Our research is ranked well above world standard, with the university achieving the highest possible five-out-of-five rating in seven research areas by Excellence in Research Australia (ERA). This includes nursing, human movement and sports science, environmental sciences, clinical sciences, applied mathematics, civil engineering and environmental science and management.
We’re driven by the innovative research we do, and the brilliant minds that power it. We collaborate with communities and industries across Australia and overseas and our work has a measurable impact on our wider society.
Discover the range of careers and courses available at study.federation.edu.au.
Students can apply directly or via an authorised agent. Visit https://federation.edu.au/international/study-at-federation/apply to apply.